Sign in to follow this  
Idjosko

What Romanians means about Serbs?

I plan to travel in Romania during the summer and have great time riding the motorcycle. I think that my route will be Jimbolia - Sibiu - Oradea - Jimbolia. I am from Serbia so i am just curious what ordinary people in Romania means about us?  🙄  Multumesc mult! 🙂

hey Idjo.

You shuldn t have any problems. most young people speak/understand english. Just keep an eye on the trafic, as we have our share of bad/crazy drivers, and you should be fine!

What Serbians think about romanians?

Also watch out for gypsies...other than that, enjoy your time in Romania. 

Forgot to mention, if you are reaching Sibiu, then it's "a must " to do the Transfăgărășan road. 

Ceck the bellow link :

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.uncover-romania.com/visit-romania/travel-ideas/transfagarasan-road/amp/

Edited by Gabi M
Adăugare text

Honestly, major of us thinks same about you. We dont have any conflict in past, when we are kingdom we have queens from Romania, we are ortodox etc...I think that you are most loved our neighbours. If you ever meet some Serb that dont love you it is because they dont make diference between you and Gypsies from Romania. :)  Personaly, i really like you guys! :) I was in Timisoara 5 or 6 times and I am in love with that city. 

You should be more than fine!I am not aware of any grudges between Romanians and Serbs! Just as others stated above, keep an eye open for crazy drivers and potholes. Not as bad as some other Balkan countries but worse than Austria and Germany for sure! As for gypsy communities... They are the same as everywhere in Europe, I think.

Sibiu and Oradea are nice places with lots of accommodation options, beautiful architecture,  bars and restaurants! Enjoy!

In any region of Romania the opinion about the serbs is very good.

As mentioned earlier, don't interact with gypsies and everything will be OK.

Be careful with the speed limit.

For cash you can use only local currency, any major store accept credit or debit cards.

Oh, I am almost forget... Must I have Rovinieta for maxi scooter? (A2 - Suzuki Burgman 400). And Thank You for all responses. Salut!

Edited by Idjosko

Only Basescu tax 🤬

I think you should be more worried about the traffic in Romania, and the gypsies.

Romanians are in general nice, most of them speak english, and you will for sure have no issues finding directions, a place to eat and rest and so forth.

Plus, lots of the people on the forums can give you tips. Personally I cannot, as I am not in the country for quite some time, but I am sure others will :)

I can confirm that there is no road tax that you need to pay while riding a two-wheeler.

Have a safe trip. Enjoy!

Acum 18 ore, Idjosko a spus:

Honestly, major of us thinks same about you. We dont have any conflict in past, when we are kingdom we have queens from Romania, we are ortodox etc...I think that you are most loved our neighbours. If you ever meet some Serb that dont love you it is because they dont make diference between you and Gypsies from Romania. :)  Personaly, i really like you guys! :) I was in Timisoara 5 or 6 times and I am in love with that city. 

cam in toata europa... :(

Take care about the road from Sibiu to Oradea! It is an European road, but between Deva and Oradea where it passes the mountains it'a disaster! No tarmack, only a dirt road for about 15km, also no marking for a long way even where there is tarmack. From Deva to Brad is like a dream, perfect, but after Brad you will find yourself on a medieval cart road...🤬

@john17 Thank You for advice man but... I plan to have this route from Sibiu (Alba Iulia - Turda (Is it worth to visit Salina Turda?) - Cluj - Oradea)

Definitely worth it! 

Enjoy the trip!