Sari la conținut

RD02 1993 - Dommie with starting issues

Geldardo

Postări Recomandate

Afternoon fellow bikers....I have a 1993 Dommie and it had some issues starting (even when I bought it). I have replaced the starter, solenoid, battery, CDI and still it just Clicks when I try and start it. Anyone have any ideas on this. I am starting to think its a wiring or switch problem. If not does anyone know any decent guys in Cluj that could help fix this problem. I have pushed the bike more than i have ridden it. Any help appreciated. 

Link spre comentariu
Distribuie pe alte site-uri

Hello! I believe that you are referring to Honda nx650 Dominator. If you were asking for suport în Bucharest I could have directed you to a good service here, but în Cluj maybe @Christian 1Will give you some feedback on that or somebody else Who is located there.

I Will not ask for the reason for buying it with this issue... 🙂 maybe it was love at first sight.

Link spre comentariu

First of all,try to start with a jumper cables from another battery.

Did the same symptome? :)

Editat de Christian 1
Link spre comentariu

Salut...Exactly what I am referring to. The reason i bought it as is is that the fault was not apparent immediately, as the bike once started and warmed up with its old starter, solenoid etc would start. Once cool it would seem that the battery was at fault so in my mind not a major issue more of a maintenance issue. However the problems have deteriorated and it wont do anything other than clicking. Even Jumping it with leads off a good battery, off the car etc etc

Link spre comentariu

I'm not good at electrics and i don't know a good motorcycle electrician in city of Cluj-Napoca.

Maybe some other fellows bikers from this forum could help you.Owners of your bike model.

Sorry. :(

Link spre comentariu

wires get old and their resistance goes off the chart! i had it happen a lot of times on older bikes, 10+ years old! :) change the batt + to starter solenoid and the solenoid to starter wires! preferably ground too as a precaution! welding cables are cheap and can be found in stores like "dedeman" along with the assorted ring terminals. CRIMP them properly, do NOT solder them, soldering is not ok for this particular application. buy some heat shrink too, the one with glue inside to prevent corrosion! the total cost of the cables and rings will be about 80-100 RON. good luck!

p.s. you can test the cables yourself by placing two wires in parrallel with the original ones. it's not the kill switch, nor the starter button, the starter relay (solenoid) itself clicks, so the button is activating it! 

p.p.s. if making the cables yourself is "daunting" because of the lack ok tools, actually only one, the crimper, you can p.m. me and i'll help you, i just need the length of the wires. good luck!

Link spre comentariu

Cheers Motos....looks like the bike is going back in the shed and getting stripped down...Luckily I'm heading down to Cluj tomorrow and Dedeman is also on on my route. i actually thought i would have to get them off ebay but if i can find the wire in Dedeman that'll do for me........I'll update this forum for future reference.......

Link spre comentariu

https://www.dedeman.ro/ro/cablu-electric-sudura-msudc-25-mmp/p/1000223

https://www.dedeman.ro/ro/papuc-cupru-25-mmp-l25/8ms/p/1000378

https://www.dedeman.ro/ro/tub-termocontractabil-mediu-cellpack-127418-tip-srh2-cu-adeziv-negru-22-6/-1000-mm/p/1001760

this is what you need! :) 25mm2 (or 4AWG) is enough for 130 amps with at most a 3% loss over 1 meter. i'm absolutely positive that the cables on the bike are shorter than that. do not forget the ground and PLEASE do not use a flame to shrink the heatshrink! if you do not have a hot air gun a hairdryer will work, just a little bit slower! 

Link spre comentariu