Sari la conținut

Nu trage in treptele 5-6

slick89

Postări Recomandate

• 3 months later...

The main cause of issues when the fairings are removed is the float chambers seeing a slightly lower pressure than the airbox sees when moving at speeds above 45mph or so.
The ZX series of Kawasaki sportsbikes suffer from this problem very acutely.
What you really need to do rather than restricting the amount of air entering the airbox, is to enable the float chamers to see the same pressure reference as the airbox.
The easiest way to accomplish this is to find the two Tee pieces between carbs 1&2 and carbs 3&4 which are the float chamber vents, on some banks of carbs on the Hondas it is one large Tee piece between the 2&3 carbs as all 4 carbs are linked across the top.
Once you have determined the float chamber vents, attatch a short length of rubber hose to the Tee piece, and then run it into the airbox through a hole drilled in the underside just large enough to pass the hose through tightly.
Face the open end of the hose towards the front of the bike under the airfilter, if needs be slash cut the hose at 45 degrees and face the cut upwards and forwards.
By doing this the float chamber vent will be fed by the air entering the airbox which then ensures that the pressure in the float chambers is equalised with the airbox pressure, once this is achieved the air passing through the venturi will suffer a slight pressure drop, as this happens the air pressure in the float chamber becomes slightly higher than that in the venturi directly above the needle jet/jet needle, and this higher pressure in the bowl then forces the fuel up the needle jet/emulsion tube and introduces it to the airflow through the venturi where it is then atomised and carried into the cylinder.
I've had to sort out quite a few "Ramair" issues on sportsbikes that have had the fairings removed over the years, in the past the issues have been difficult to detect as they don't generally manifest when I have the bikes on my dyno, although I now have a dedicated ducted fan which I use to blow air into the airbox intakes in an effort to replicate the problem as it occurs on the road rather than me going out and testing the bike on the road myself which isn't always a practicable option when it is pissing down with rain, or during the summer when the local roads are crowded with tourists heading towards the coast !

Mi-a reparat mobra un prieten, merge 200+ fara probleme ! O zi frumoasa in continuare !

Link spre comentariu
Distribuie pe alte site-uri

se refera la cele 2 furtune dintre carburatoarele 1&2 SI 3&4, asa numitele furtune de supraplin! se conecteaza la airbox pentru a presuriza si 'camera de nivel constant' a carburatorului! astfel sistemul de ram air nu ofera la viteza mare doar mai mult aer in admisie ci si benzina! Atentie, practica asta folosita numai la motocicletele cu sistem ram-air si ideal este ca traseul furtunelor sa fie cat mai scurt cu putinta! de asemenea cand se face modificarea asta la motocicletele care au sistemul de reciclare a gazelor din motor, acesta se anuleaza! spor!

Editat de s@rpe
Link spre comentariu
Distribuie pe alte site-uri