Sari la conținut

04' Rsv 1000 Mille Intro-vid

Raul.

Postări Recomandate

Super filmul! Excelent!

Hai ca am gasit o istorie tradusa dintr-o revista italiana "Il Sole - 24 ore".

âI was only about 16,â he says with pride, âwhen I decided to build a motorcycle. Finding materials wasnât difficult. At that time in Italy there were many small manufacturers who built custom parts and before you know it I built a motorcycle with a 50cc engine, bodywork painted gold with blue streaks. I thought it was beautiful, and as far as I was concerned, Iâd gotten it just right. So one Sunday morning I decided to go for a ride around the village, and took off the muffler. It didnât go very well, considering that during the short ride. I had both a bucket of water thrown at me and shortly after someoneâs old shoe. For three days thereafter I was so embarrassed that I didnât leave home. You can imagine that my father didnât have very kind words for me either; even though six months later without my knowing, he managed to sell the motorcycle at almost twice the market price.â

The real creative period began at age 18, when he built his second motorbike, naming it Scarabeo. âIt was a 50cc off road model in which you could clearly see my own style preferences. Except for the frame, I had built a different looking fuel tank and made my own mudguards out of fiberglass with the help of a local craftsman. The entire bike was always brightly colored because I wanted to catch everyoneâs attention, literally surprising or even shocking them. The shocking effect worked so well that my father said, in his local dialect, "Iâve never seen a motorbike in this world with one wheel so large and the other so small." He hadnât noticed that it was one of the first optimal solutions for absorbing impact with holes when descending a hill. I was definitely heading in the right direction.â

So young Ivano becomes an apprentice and when he turns twenty takes over his fatherâs business, which at the time had earnings over 850 million Lira (US $462,000 basis current exchange rates) and employed 25 technicians (the company was already called Aprilia, the name taken from the beautiful Lancia automobile model of the fifties. This aspect about the names is true, but above all because the Aprilia name had great customer recognition in Italy, and a well recognized name could make a huge difference for a small company.) About a year later, Beggio decided to open a small workshop and machining area to make racing bikes. He even tired to race himself âbut I was only good,â he admits, âat falling.â So the riding was better to the others.

Production and sales were proceeding well, until one day an angry father arrived yelling that his son had injured his shoulder because the frame of his Aprilia motorcycle broke. He was right to be angry, because we were putting the frame of a 50cc bike on the 125cc models. It was an error that convinced me to hire an engineer, or better â seeing as I couldnât afford it â an engineering student so we could do the frame calculations correctly.â I assure you, things have definitely changed over these years.

Source: http://members.gtelnet.net/thomas.scheffler/

Link spre comentariu
Distribuie pe alte site-uri

Asta e si pentru Andi si Dan referitor la colaborarea cu BMW.

Inspiration for BMW's F650, dubbed the Funduro in Europe, came when company representatives visited Aprilia's factory in Italy. At that time, Aprilia was in the final stages of production on their Pegaso 650, a high-performance bike powered by Rotax's liquid-cooled five-valve single. The innovative German firm quickly recognized the benefit of cooperative effort between these manufacturers, and immediately sought their assistance in releasing a similar model. By using a Rotax engine in a bike built by Aprilia, all to BMW specifications, an important beginner-level bike could be added to their line at a competitive price.

Source: http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mcbmw/97f650.html

Link spre comentariu
Distribuie pe alte site-uri