• Răspunsuri 65
  • Created
  • Ultimul Răspuns

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6. 300-LM Sintaur - 39.995 USD

sintaur - the mythological creature, part man and part Steed. We spelled Centaur wrong on purpose, because this is a bad radical machine that's turned the world of custom bikes on its tail. Long and Low, Mean and Lean, packed with powerful features that you just can't find on other machines.

post-24-1115463798_thumb.jpg

Link spre comentariu
Distribuie pe alte site-uri

6. Arabian

The original concept for the Arabian line of Steeds for 2001 was to develop a two-wheeled Revelation. Building a striking new Steed to stretch the boundaries of where motorcycle design and performance currently exist, becoming something that was not known or realized. Not to let the biblical implications of the new millennium pass them by, Steeds are only offering 4 of these models to ever be built, each in their own fire-and-brimstone color combinations of White, Red, Black and Pale for each of the Four-horsemen to ride into the Apocalypse. This ought to become quite a concern for the true believers if all four of these machines go for a putt on the same day. Steeds prefers Webster's definition of a Revelation, than the consequences of Gideon's version. Let's just call the Arabian the Steed concept bike of the century.

The basis for the Arabian starts with Steeds own Monoglide chassis, (featuring a single shock under the seat) that was chrome plated neck to tail. To commemorate the millennium, a 2001 c.c. (120 c.i.) Polished Merch power-plant accented with Ness billet rocker boxes, among other billet details, was chosen to be linked to a Dyna-style Baker 6-speed transmission via a Rivera/Primo 3-inch open belt-drive system. All this power meets the road with a 200 Avon rear tire. As with all the Steed stable, a combination of proven components are carefully chosen to perform flawlessly, making it possible for Steeds to offer a full 3 year FACTORY warranty on their machines. Milwaukee-Iron fenders were modified in-house at Steeds to provide the classic Musclebike profile to the Arabian model.

The one-piece steel tank is complete with a flush mount filler cap that was also stretched at Steeds to conform to the custom made white Danny Gray saddle. Pearl white was the commanded color for the first of the series of four Arabians', accented with a massive silver-leaf Steed signature racing stripe specifically designed for the conqueror. A detail only for the owner's eyes, which could be you, is the hand lettered tablet under the seat-back verifying the authenticity as the first of four limited units to be produced in this series of Monoglide Musclebikes.The Arabian is not just some show pony. This bike is NOT cluttered with unnecessary jewelry, destined to be trailered from show to show to collect trophies. Built to be ridden in the new century, enhanced cornering is provided by the increased ground clearance of the Monoglide chassis, along with the accessible 3-way adjustable Progressive Suspension monoshock, which delivers sportbike-cornering characteristics. The inverted 63-mm front end equipped with dual Wilwood chromed four piston calipers effortlessly bring this Steed to a halt in record time. The turn signals are tucked neatly into the Kury-Akyn Mirrors up front. The rear signals are blended into the chassis, while the bright L.E.D. taillight / license plate frame is another product from the Steed Paddock of unique parts.

post-24-1115464300_thumb.jpg

Link spre comentariu

8. ASSASIN

The Assassin was a project we started in the summer of '98 for Ernie Daurham.What you see pictured here is just what Ernie ordered, the ASSASSIN. One hundred twenty five and a half cubic inches of sheer attitude.

Daytec built us a rigid chassis with our propriety hidden axle adjuster system, and raised the top tube three-quarters of an inch to accommodate the extra height needed to fit the taller 125.5" motor. We had the wheels specially made in a 3-piece design so the custom hub in the rear could be run with the pulley and the brake rotor integral as one unit. The rear tire is a 200x16 on an 8" wide rim so it looks extra fat, and we had to run a narrowed belt to accommodate the extra width of that meaty Metzler tire.

The frame is also stretched about three inches longer than the standard Daytec version, ‘cause Ernie's not a little guy. The forward controls are also about 5" further forward than a normal size human can reach. He wanted a 38-degree neck on this beast, and it takes more than two lanes of traffic to pull off a U-turn out on the street. We added a kick-start to the 5-speed transmission so you can give an assist to the electric starter when the battery is a little low. I don't think a 500-lb. guy could kick this monster over.

Now for the thing most important, the "hose down" finish. The only thing chrome on this bike is the huge 7" Ness headlight, and Ernie just thought it was too pretty to bead-blast or powder-coat over, he promised us that he would keep the finger prints off of it. Other than that, the whole bike is wrinkle black powder-coated, raw aluminum that was bead-blasted or painted with black rubberized undercoating. We even had the Euro-inspired looped exhaust coated by Jet-Hot in a flat black finish. Those pipes radiated so much heat from that thermal-coating that we had to wrap them with special asbestos-like insulation so he wasn't roasting his cajones on the rear pipe.

Going with the "bigger is better" theory of design the gas tanks of choice were the 6 gallon steel version that CCI sells with the flush mount caps. The rear fender was fabricated in-house with integral struts. Ernie wouldn't let us stretch the tanks; he felt that might make the bike too pretty.

Since Ernie rides this bike all the time we used our Steed wiring harness which incorporates self-canceling turn-signals, a digital speedo and a Crane single-fire ignition, the same components we use on our limited production Monoglide bikes.

I'll tell you, this bike is a handful to ride. You can go faster than a human should be allowed, as long as you have a nice straight flat piece of roadway. It leaves a bit to be desired in the cornering because it sits so low and is way too long.

post-24-1115464472_thumb.jpg

Link spre comentariu

9. Steed 200-TM Pegasus

The 200 Pegasus isn't your dad's land yacht bike. The Pegasus 200-TM is the performance Touring Steed. PERFORMANCE, it's just a word to many gear heads. At Steeds we view motorcycles as the ultimate freedom machine. To us, performance means that you can get on your bike, ride it anywhere, and have the confidence that you're going to make it back home in style. That's touring!

The Steed Pegasus Monoglide Musclebike motorcycle is purposely built for the long haul. The exclusive Monoglide 3-way adjustable suspension takes all the open road has to offer. The fat 200 Avon Super-Venom rear tire grips like no other, ready to plow through every element that Mother Nature can deal out. There�s a detachable short windshield for the inevitable bug guts, large hard covered saddlebags, by Rocky�s Custom, with plenty of room for all your gear. This Steed also features heads up digital gauges hidden in the mirrors, and a solo seat, or optional two up seat with a sissy bar for a little friendly companionship for you on the highway.

post-24-1115464744_thumb.jpg

Link spre comentariu

10. COBRA

How about a Cobra car? The Cobra was the original American Musclecar, brute power, big tires, loud and a recognizable American Icon. Now the gears were turning in my head, many sleepless nights were spent building the ultimate Cobra Motorcycle in my dreams. I wanted to build a "concept bike" just like the guys GM or Chrysler build future concept cars. I was not into building novelty "Body Bikes" which would involve sticking a trim package onto a stock frame and drivetrain. The concept would be to build a bike on the NO RULES principle of design; Nobody would be making up the rules but me.

Here are the preliminary design perimeters I developed before I drew the first sketch or ordered the first component:

It has to be more than just a body.

It has to have a power plant bigger than Big.

It has to have a chassis that nobody had ever built for a motorcycle before.

It had to look like a motorcycle, not a car, keep the proportions correct.

I started sketching ideas, and traded them with a longtime friend, and Senior Automotive Designer at Chrysler Pacifica, John Sodano. John is a complete nut about cars and I knew the Shelby Cobra held a special place in his heart. We traded faxes for a couple of weeks and then I did a final sketch of the bike, which became the final design.

I bought the biggest rear motorcycle tire available at the time, a Metzler 200/70 15 ME88. In '95 nobody made a 15 x 7" rear motorcycle rim. I found a local company who spun metal and gave them the design specifications and they cranked out a one-off rim for the rear of the Cobra.

I wanted the frame to emulate the leading automotive technology of the Sixties. Adhering to the whole Cobra concept, we came up with a "four-link" automotive style rear end, and I don't believe this had ever been done before on a motorcycle. I called Larry Langley at Progressive Suspension, told him what I had in mind and they engineered a custom shock that met the spec.'s needed to support the four-link.

Next was the heart and soul of a MOTOR-cycle, the engine. It had to be Extreme. Delkron had just come out with it's four-cam billet engine case for top fuel drag bikes. That sounded like a cool platform to base the machine on but this was going to be a street bike. I needed an alternator and enclosed pushrods to oil the top end if this bike was going to run more than a quarter of a mile at a time.

I found one of the top gear-head machinist/motor-builders in the country that built many a bunch of winning motors for the top racers, Sam Evans of Sam's Performance Specialties in South Carolina. Sam thought I was a complete nut when I told him needed a Streetable 120" 4-cam big twin with two rear cylinders. "Why the hell do you want two rear cylinders?" Sam questioned. Well, I had just finished sketches of the bike and I needed big dual exhaust to emulate the Cobra car. If you use two rear jugs and Heads the exhaust ports are facing to the rear of each cylinder, and you have the intakes facing forward. That makes for a really cool looking platform to mount a pair of Mikuni HSR42 carbs on, and some unusual plumbing required to fabricate exhaust pipes emulating the Cobra style.

Sam accepted the challenge, and this was a motor that involved a ton of engineering; custom ground Andrews cams with reverse lobes for the backwards facing front heads, reverse geometry which involved machining the heads to accept pushrod covers at angles never before attempted, and all on a motor that had to start without an external source, on-board batteries, not a big external starter like on the drag bikes Sam was the master of building. Sam pulled off the motor-building for us, after he pulled out most of his hair in the process.

Now for the body. It had to be aluminum, just like the original Shelby version. I ended up drawing a � scale version of the Cobra, found huge blocks of foam and carved out "bucks" or the model from which a fabricator bases the body panels. I found Andy Palmer of "Exotic Toys" in Bellflower, California. Andy is an amazing artist in metal. He completed a 5000-hour apprentice program to learn the art of metal forming in New Zealand. Building metal bodies from scratch is a lost art, and I was blessed to find a guy who not only knew bodywork but also specialized in restoring Cobra cars. It turned out that Andy had some of the original Cobra body bucks that were carved out of tree stumps at his shop. Within six weeks Andy transformed my blocks of foam into the body you see on the bike.

It took 18 months from conception to riding the Cobra V2 on the street. I can still spend hours staring at it and amaze myself that this project came to life with the help of some really skilled people who believed in my vision.

post-24-1115464986_thumb.jpg

Link spre comentariu

11. Pudge

What you see is exactly what he asked for; a fast, long low fat Steed with no 'devil shit' painted on it. I started out the next day driving back to Scottsdale with a cell phone call to Daytec's Paul Kirk. Daytec was just starting to offer a 250-Softail-style frame at the time, but it had a single horizontal tube swingarm. I personally think that the point of a Softail is to have a frame with the lines of a rigid, but with the comfort of suspension. So I wasn't thrilled with the swingarm that they offered. With a little coaxing and help from Phil Day, this is one of the first frames that they built with a 250 triangulated swing arm. They now build these chassis' for us with our trademark logo gusset and proprietary design details for our regular production bikes.

I convinced Ken to have us build him his second Steed bike at the same time. I didn't want to build two identical bikes on these new Steed softail chassis. I went in two completely different directions with the design of these Major League machines. Ken wanted curvy and fat, Pudge just wanted 'green,' so I decided to go 'pointy and slim' on Pudge's Quarterhorse SE.

A couple of weeks into the design process with Ivan; I attended the Laughlin River Run and met these amazing Canadian guys from Goldammer cycles. They have developed a radical streamlined set of triple trees from a single 125-pound block of billet aluminum. I liked what they had but I wanted to so something even more spectacular on this bike for the golden gloved Rodriguez machine. I worked with Roger Goldammer after the show and we designed this Steed/Goldammer "X" tree that is now a proprietary Steed product. They are not cheap by any means, but this is absolutely the most beautiful front end to ever grace a bike that has come out of our facility. This is the first article tree produced on Pudge's Steed and we have the CNC program ready to make more per order. I hand bent and fabricated the 'X' bars and the mirrors even have backlighted LED gauges.

There's a Tach and voltmeter in the right mirror and the red LED's in the left mirror. It also has the Speedo and Odometer functions as well. This is an ultra high-tech and clean solution to having a full compliment of gauges. I also developed a system of LED's boxed in through the fuel tank that illuminated the turn signal indicators, high-beam lights, oil and even a real time digital voltmeter. All these indicator lights are invisible when the bike is parked and illuminate when you fire up this Quarterhorse. This bike has more instruments than your typical HD full bagger bike. You can't see any of them in these shots. Crazy yes, cool yes, inexpensive NO. We're writing the book on this one.

Top this off with a Billet 113 c.i. Patrick Racing motor with round cylinders and dual Mikuni carb, the new Samson 'Challenger' series exhaust, a 6-Speed Baker transmission with a 3" open Rivera/Primo belt-drive, PM wheels and you've got a power train combination that will deliver the horses and reliability too.

All the bodywork was done in house. I spent a few days hammering, cutting grinding and welding to make the pointed fenders that hug the massive Avon tires. Captn' Mike layered on the chunkiest 'bass-boat' green metallic paint that we could acquire, over a black basecoat. Then I laid out a set of inverted flames and sprayed them in a finer grade of green metallic over a silver base. Ron 'the Legend' pinstriped the whole flaming glitter amalgamation and then we piled on the clear and sanded the whole thing flat before Cappy buffed it to a shimmering gloss.

I hid all the wiring, which included self-canceling turn signals in the foot pegs and LED's in the trailing edge of the rear fender. The license bracket is a Steed side mount that also holds the OEM Wilwood 4-piston chromed brake caliper. The front dual disc set up is also our DOT approved Steed/Wilwood system that has a pretty interesting brake hose set up; check it out.

post-24-1115465275_thumb.jpg

Link spre comentariu

12. Caminiti's Ultimate Steed

What you see here is what I invisioned as the Ultimate Cammy Steed. I started with the first Daytec 250 wide-tire Softail frame. This was one of the first that Phil Day designed for us with a triangulated swing arm, so it would look like a rigid frame. We stretched the chassis a full five inches forward and tossed in a dramatic forty-degree rake. That should handle the requirements of fat, long and low. I e-mailed Cammy on the road with a ton of scanned photos of billet wheel designs and he chose the PM designs that were selected for his ride. With an 18" 250 Avon gripper on the rear and a 21" on the leading edge I almost had a rolling chassis.

About a month into the design process I was at the Laughlin River Run and ran across Roger Goldammers' show trailer rig. Rodger lives up in Canada, and when he gets snowed in during the winter his imagination runs loose. His version of "Cabin Fever" is what you see in his design on the triple trees. I had to have on of these for Cammys' rolling masterpiece.

Ken ended up with the first production of Rogers' Trees. Goldammer starts out with a solid 125-pound block of billet aluminum. After almost 40 hours of machine time running a CAD/ CAM programmed mould making milling machine, you wind up with the ultimate in engineering design and function. Capped off with special Perse Performance 41mm sculpted lower legs and the bike was beginning to take on a stunning profile.

My shop is located in Scottsdale, Arizona and this bike was going to find a home in Houston, Texas. That's about 1200 miles from my base of operation, so I wanted a very reliable drive train. Big is cool, but it's got to start every time. I enlisted the expertise of Nigel Patrick to build the first motors he's done with Dual-Plug heads (two spark plugs per cylinder) along with a compression release to make the 113" Musclebike motor crank over with ease. Ken's bike has the first set of 'round' billet cylinders that came out of Nigel's workshop too. I had them polish the motor to a mirror finish prior to assembly to match the Baker 6 speed Tranny that would deliver all that power to the ground. Tying the motor to the transmission is a Rivera / Primo 3" open belt-drive with an Evolution Industries belt guard to protect the old pant-leg. Keith Terry supplied the 2.0 kw high torque starter. This beast cranks over effortlessly every time. What a relief to find the right combination of components that will deliver the goods every time.

Now it was my turn to really go to work. I assembled the rolling chassis and then took digital pictures of the roller. With the photos in hand I could do over-lay tracings of fender and tank designs. After about two weeks of sleepless nights I finally decided on the final design and e-mailed Ken the sketches. With his approval of my drawings, I enlisted Andy Palmer of Exotic Toys in Garden Grove California to bring my Gas tank design to life in sheet metal. Andy and I go way back, he did the body for my Cobra inspired custom Steed in 1995. This time I drew from some of the design cues of the the Cobra bike to make an integral fuel-cell and seat platform with some compound curves that only a master metal-smith could bring to life. Andy did his Aluminum magic while I fabricated the Steel rear fender at my shop in Arizona.

When the whole bodywork came to life, I new that we had a winner. It was stunning in its raw unpainted form. Ken wanted a pearl or metallic orange, and I worked with the Lenny at Scottsdale Paint supply. We formulated about 6 different samples of "Cammy Orange" and shipped them off to New York where the Rangers were playing that week and awaited his choice of a custom blended color.

In the mean time, we tore the bike back to the basic elements to put the final finish on everything. All the chrome was shipped out to Royal Plating in Tucson, where J.R. does all the shiny stuff for us. We did all the application of the PPG urethane Paint in house at Steeds. I was working on some graphic designs to accent the paint, and once the color was applied to the bodywork and chassis, I decided that this machine didn't need anything to distract form the clean flowing lines. This bike was just going to be "Cammy Orange" and that's all.

I wired the entire bike with a wiring harness supplied by Rick and Marlin at Wire Plus. I ran all the wires internally through the frame to hide all of the juice for the trick electronics that we worked into this machine. The indicator lights are LED's that were built flush into the fuel tank, and buried under the clear-coat. The Dakota Digital Tach and Speedo were frenched flush into the tank, even the front self-canceling turn signals are LED's hidden in the front foot-pegs. The rear directional LED lights are also built recessed into the paint on the trailing edge of the rear fender. The LED tag holder and taillight is a Steed proprietary component that's a trademark on many of our bikes.

post-24-1115465762_thumb.jpg

Link spre comentariu