Sari la conținut

Buna Zuia - From An Immigrant Brit Gs Rider In Transylvania!

Postări Recomandate

Hi,

Firstly sorry for introducing myself English.... my romanian is nu bina! I read more than I can speak and write.

Ma numesc Gavin Bell - and I am now living and working in Saschiz.

I ride a BMW R1150 GS Adventure - the perfect tool for romanian roads - it has brought me to and from Romania since 2002! I also ride with a serbian moto Klub - MK Brothers from Novi Sad... I have a rather mixed and intersting life!

It would be good to get to know some riders here in Brasov/Sighisoara area.... especially as Autumn draws closer and only the enduro riders will still be on the road! :cheers: :banana:

I have a question as well.... where can I get Continental TKC 80 tyres from? It is proving to be hard here...

Noroc

Gavin

Link spre comentariu
Distribuie pe alte site-uri

Hi Gavin!

First of all, welcome to Romania, I am sure you will have a great time, especially riding on our back roads and forest roads. I am from Cluj Napoca, a little bit north of Brasov but currently I am recovering from a small crash I had, so I can't make any plans. However, I will keep an eye on this post and if later in the autumn you plan on organizing some rides, please post them here too.

As for the tyres... These guys sell motorcycle tyres. I checked their website and under Continental there are no TCK 80, but maybe if you ask them, they could bring some:

http://www.depozitanvelope.ro/

That's all I know, good luck!

Adrian

And you could also try here:

http://www.conti-online.com/generator/www/...ocation_en.html

Link spre comentariu

Hi

Thanks for the links - I will see what they say a little latter today.

Got enough rubber for a run over to Retezat next week and then Pivo in Novi Sad

:cheers:

Any of you riding BMW GS's might find my old uk community interesting www.ukgser.com

Wont make the party in Rasnovo this weoekend as I have to work s- but soon....

Multumesc

Gavin

Link spre comentariu

Hi, Gavin, nice to hear of you. Since there are some other expat Brit riders that I know in the area of Brasov, I propose that we keep in touch. Maybe we can go out for a ride all together in the area in a week-end this autumn. Good luck in Retezat- I have been riding there this summer. Careful at steep slopes :D (especially the road to Buta Chalet). It's a pity you can't make it at Rasnov this week-end, but I hope I can hear of you soon.

Link spre comentariu