Sari la conținut

Edwards Confirmed At Honda.

Andi

Postări Recomandate

Telefonica Honda has confirmed the news many MotoGP fans have been waiting for: That Colin Edwards will ride an RC211V in the 2004 world championship.

http://www.crash.net/uk/en/news_view.asp?c...cid=6&nid=80440

The Texan, born in 1974 and winner of two World Superbike titles in 2000 and 2002, returns to Honda â the factory with which he won both his major honours â after a rookie season in GPs with Aprilia, in which he finished 13th with 62 points.

Edwards will partner 2003 championship runner-up Sete Gibernau, in a strong line-up for Fausto Gresini's family like outfit.

"I can say that I am at the head of a winning team â two riders like Sete and Colin are reason to have high hopes and expectations of top results," enthused Gresini. "Looking forward to next season, I think we have the potential to go for victories. I am a great admirer of Edwards â he is a rider who combines talent with determination."

"Next year with Sete and Colin, Team TelefĂłnica MoviStar Honda will be one of the main points of reference in MotoGP," added Elena Gorostiza, marketing director for TelefĂłnica MoviStar. "After Sete's fantastic season, the addition of Colin will reinforce the potential of the whole team."

Edwards will replace Ryuichi Kiyonari, who won't be in MotoGP next year

Link spre comentariu
Distribuie pe alte site-uri

n-are mandrie, parerea mea.

dar decat la aprilia care merge ca porcu'... ce sa faca saracu'

si mai e vorba si de parale.

eu cred ca honda strange puternic din buci pentru ca vor sa demonstreze ca "haina il face pe om" si ca vor castiga campionatul si fara rossi. ramane de vazut :P

Link spre comentariu

helooo ?

telefonica movistar rings a bell ?

ce treaba are echipa de uzina, la care e rossi, cu telefonica movistar ?

Link spre comentariu

helooo ?

telefonica movistar rings a bell ?

ce treaba are echipa de uzina, la care e rossi, cu telefonica movistar ?

jeez scuze m-a luat valul :P

si ce-a de-a doua afirmatie ramane valabila oricum, dar in context separat, da? :D

Link spre comentariu

Edwards 'stoked' after RCV ride

http://www.crash.net/uk/en/news_view.asp?c...cid=6&nid=80593

Just days after announcing his return to Honda, following a debut MotoGP season with Aprilia, Colin Edwards today made his RC211V debut at Catalunya â and couldn't hide his delight afterwards.

The double WSBK champ will ride alongside Sete Gibernau at the Telefonica Movistar Honda team in 2004, and got a brief taste of what he's been up against when he spent a few hours on the world championship winning machine, before flying back to Texas a happy man.

"It is so smooth that it feels slow â although evidently it's not," the American told motogp.com. "The Aprilia was abrupt, peaky and 'torquey' but this thing is smooth â it has power everywhere. You can think of where you're going as opposed to where you've just come from â there's no need to gather yourself together, you can concentrate on what's next."

The Tornado then admitted that, after riding the RCV, he now believes it to be almost unbeatable â thus echoing the words of Max Biaggi one year ago when he stepped from his Yamaha M1 and onto a Honda V5 for the first time.

"I have obviously ridden quite a few bikes in my time and, after a couple of hours on this thing... I don't know if anybody can build anything to beat it," Edwards declared. "That is obviously just my own opinion but everything just feels so right. It will be difficult to build something to beat this thing."

Having upheld Honda honour in WSBK for the past few seasons, it was a surprise to many that Edwards split from the Japanese giant at the end of 2002 â a decision made after HRC refused to offer him an RC211V with Michelin tyres, a combination he know has underneath him.

"I guess you could say I have paid my dues for a year but now I am back with Honda and I'm really looking forward to it," he commented. "Circumstances last year didn't allow it but now I feel I am on the right bike and ready to get going. Next year is going to be really good and to be honest I just can't hide my enthusiasm for it â I'm stoked!"

Edwards now joins fellow Honda riders' Gibernau, Biaggi and possibly Nicky Hayden as a genuine 2004 championship contender.

Link spre comentariu

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

eu imi pun mari sperante in hayden.

gibernau e batrin, pustiu insa incepe sa capete experienta si nu se mai duce prin porumb asa de des :D

Link spre comentariu

gibernau e batrin, pustiu insa incepe sa capete experienta si nu se mai duce prin porumb asa de des :D

s-ar putea ca americanu' sa faca o figura frumoasa......... ramane de vazut.
Link spre comentariu

• 3 weeks later...

s-ar putea ca americanu' sa faca o figura frumoasa......... ramane de vazut.

Pustiu ala e acolo pe locu' lui Edwards,ca asa a vrut unchiu sam!

Link spre comentariu

rossi momentan n-o sa aiba motocicleta. anu asta o sa-si faca motoru. poate abia la anu sa vedem vreo surpriza de la el.

e in aceeasi situatie in care era schumaher cind a trecut la ferrarri. un an a stat si a construit la motor, n-a cistigat nimic...

Link spre comentariu