Sari la conținut

Hi From Catalonia (spain)

steelman

Postări Recomandate

Hello

My name is Jordi and the name of my wife Natalia

I'm a motorbiker from catalunya. The next summer to visit your country.

We currently have a Honda Varadero, you get a photo;)

f_DaltMontsecm_afb24aa.jpg

I would like to know which sites we must not miss from your country, that sites outside the tourist routes, we have not lost.

Lodging economical, good food ,....

Why where can I find a road map updated? IN Catalunya not exist

Thank you for everything

PS: If anyone of you or visit catalunya espanya, you can ask what they need

Link spre comentariu
Distribuie pe alte site-uri

Hello

My name is Jordi and the name of my wife Natalia

I'm a motorbiker from catalunya. The next summer to visit your country.

We currently have a Honda Varadero, you get a photo;)

f_DaltMontsecm_afb24aa.jpg

I would like to know which sites we must not miss from your country, that sites outside the tourist routes, we have not lost.

Lodging economical, good food ,....

Why where can I find a road map updated? IN Catalunya not exist

Thank you for everything

PS: If anyone of you or visit catalunya espanya, you can ask what they need

Hi,

I would strongly recomand :

post-10222-1205488864_thumb.jpg

Vidraru dam-you can bungee jump from the dam (140 m highest bungee place in Europe :crack: ), and after that you can cross the mountains via the "Transfagarasan" , that is also a must see:

post-10222-1205489001_thumb.jpg

Link spre comentariu

hi. first of all let me tell you that you have a lot of courage.. :crack: ..........lucky you have a good moto. :P i will be glad if your moto will be in the same condition as it is now when you´ll finish the trip.the roads in our country are.............fatal :blbl: :D .no lights durind the night, cows on the roud....

you can get a touristic map when you enter in our country, from one of the custom house.

our country is wery beautiful.we recomend you to visit transilvanya(bran castel, peles, brasov,cheile bicazului). :haha:

there is a moto reunion in turda, from 21-23 july.you´ll be very welcome. :lol: :lol: :lol:

te deseamos enora buena porque lo necesitas. :D

Link spre comentariu

And if you want to see something really interesting, I recommend the Ferentari neighbourhood in Bucharest. Of course, you'll leave the hood naked and you'll be forced to contact Spain's embassy. It's located (the embassy) on

Tirana Str. No 1, Bucharest

Tel.(0040-21) 233.91.90

Fax: (0040-21) 230.76.26

Link spre comentariu

u should pass the mountains through "transfagarasan". it s a must see.

when u know for sure the exact days for arriving here you will see that a lot of bikers here will be more than happy to meet you and guide u here.

i wish u have a great journey!!!

Link spre comentariu

steelman - welcome!!! Romania it's a beautiful country but not that rich and the roads are not like in Germany but not so bad as a colleague of mine says. And don't worry if you have any problem..usually other bikers help, some not, but most of them will help you. Welcome and enjoy!!!

Editat de sangre
Link spre comentariu

Vizitator _Raul_

I have quite few ( :crack:) maps of Romania but the one i am very proud of is this Road Atlas:

ATLAS RUTIER CARTOGRAPHIA

post-3763-1205633904_thumb.jpg

It has costed me around 15 Euros. It has about 100 colour pages + the index of all the places (villages, towns, etc - another ~ 100 pages). Most important and the reason i recommend it is the fact that it has all the forest and non asphalt important roads.

I know you have the GPS, but i`m not familirised with GPS maps so that`s why i recommended you this Atlas.

In Romania most of the interesting places are not on the main, european corridors.

If you want to see beautiful places in Romania i recommend you this :

- First of all visit this German guy`s site - KARPATENWILLI. Altough a German i like this site most than everything. The link is to the photo section. This man has seen quite a lot of our country. Look to the pictures and see what you like most.

- Second - I strongly recommend the Unesco sites from our country. And when i say this i think to the Northern part of the country - Bucovina region (with its famous churches) and Maramures region (little wooden churches and wood architecture). Also you should take in consideration the Danube Delta + the fortified churches and the peasants strongholds from the heart of the country, the region between the mountains - Transylvania.

- Third - There is this initiative,called EnduroMania, who deals in organizing fun enduro competitions. Most of it consists more in meeting people and having fun than competing.

Few years ago (they were doing rallies only in the Western part of the country) they started LONG DISTANCE ENDUROMANIA. It`s a competition only by the name. It consists in reaching various points in Romania during several days and gathering points that way. Above the pictures found on the bottom of the page you have the alternative routes and the check points.

Perhaps you already know about Claus Possberg and his adventures round the whole world (www.POSSI.de. He and felow biker Rainer Peters participated at one of the Long Distance Enduromania Editions. You can check their pictures HERE

Also, on Possi`s site you will find one entire section dedicated to EnduroMania and one to Romania.

- Some things you should know - credit cards available in cities, have always money in your pocket (change them at exchange houses that display in visible places "0 % comission" or at the banks - not at the exchange houses in the border area - very expensive - or on the street - expensive, not safe), road condition is just good so you should drive carefully (slow, pay attention to the car drivers and at the people in the villages).

Anyway, send a private message and i will try to help you with all the advices, routes and maps.

Link spre comentariu

Hi steelman.

I stongly recommand Bucovina and Maramures regions . If you google it you will find it's a must in visiting Romania. Also Transfagarasan road it's verry beautiful but it is open only from end of june until end of august, depend on wether.

credit cards available in cities, have always money in your pocket (change them at exchange houses that display in visible places "0 % comission" or at the banks - not at the exchange houses in the border area - very expensive - or on the street - expensive, not safe), road condition is just good so you should drive carefully (slow, pay attention to the car drivers and at the people in the villages).

I agree with this comment. People are generaly friendly but ocassionaly you will find somebody who try to steel or not being correct to you, as a stranger not used to rules and habits.

Anyway, expect bad roads in Romania and it is better to check out if it is ok to go on specific roud with your varadero. You can ask on this topic ...

But i'm sure you will enjoy Romania. You're welcome!

Link spre comentariu

Vizitator _Raul_

Thanks all for the great information!!!

How i can buy This Atlas,from my home (catalonia) ??

Thks

Here you can find it in the libraries/book shops from the big cities. I have searched a little after mine (found it only in the fourth library) only to see it in a fuel station shop at the maps section one month ago.

But, i think it will be better for you to contact one of these international Cartographia products sellers (watch for France and Spain):

http://www.cartographiaonline.com/export/w...y.vm?SSZ_id=158

Link spre comentariu

Ola, Steelman!

The message of our moto-mate Popescu Mihail Raul is quite complete - I checked too his links and you have there some good facts and photos about Romania.

I will just mention some points that I think you should see here (you'll find most of them too in Raul's links): Bicaz Gorges (www.cheilebicazului-hasmas.ro in english too) , the Danube Straits (www.dubova.ro - for example, for some photos), the Bucovina Monasteries (in the north - north-east of Romania), Transfagarasan Road (Fagaras is one of the most beautiful mountains in Romania), cities as Sibiu, Brasov, Cluj, Apuseni Mountains (in the west of Romania) with the Bear Cave, etc.

See for yourself where else you could also go in Romania : www.welcometoromania.ro (in english too)

Enjoy your trip !

Silviu ;)

--- Mesaj completat în 24 Mar 2008 00:12 -------------

BUenas

Why conidiciones accommodation in a good and well priced?

Ola again,

You can find a decent accomodation at 15-20 euros / night / person at "pensiuni" (pensiĂłn in spanish), sometimes even with a meal included.

Vlah

Link spre comentariu

Hello Steelman!

Me and a friend, both with our wives, want to make a tour of the northern side of Romania this summer. We haven't established the period in which we will travel, but it will be probably in July or August. The area that we want to cover includes Bucovina, and Ardeal, two of the most beautiful sides of Romania, with plenty of places to visit and a lot of breath taking landscapes.

In basis, the tour will include Suceava, Bistrita, Maramures, Sighetu Marmatiei, Cluj, Sibiu, Covasna, Harghita and Neamt.

If you want to join us we will be more than honoured to have you with us.

Me and my wife will ride a Honda CBR600 F2, and the our friend and his wife a Suzuki VX800. I want to add that we will travel in a way that we will see the most of this side of the country, we know a lot of places to be seen and most of the roads. Also we have some friends in that area, so we won't have to care too much about accomodation, and when we don't have any friens to sleep over, we will "accomodate" to a tent :bow:

If you are interested in our company, please PM me and I will send you some pictures of us in the last year's tour.

I almost forgot: the four of us Live in Iasi, in the north-east side of the country.

Here you will find the map of Romania.

Best Regards! ;)

Link spre comentariu