Sari la conținut

Renting a motorcycle in Iasi - can you help me?

luigi.lauro

Postări Recomandate

Hello there, sorry for my english, I'm still learning romanian, can understand it, but can't talk (so feel free to answer in romanian if you prefer!)

I'm an italian guy living in Iasi as an expat and was planning to do around 14,15,16 August a trip to Transilvania.

In Italy I own a Suzuki SV1000S which I love, and I always have driven only naked bikes.

I would love to rent a nice bike in or around Iasi, to do a small 3 days trip to Sighisoara, Sibiu, etc...

The pre-requisite are:

1) Decent bike, for touring, not for sport driving, but I would like to have a decent engine, let's say at least 70-80hp

2) Comfortable enough for me and my passenger, for a short trip (200 km per day, no more)

3) Not too high for the seat, I'm 1.70m, so pretty small, and have always rided nakeds, no 'enduro' or similar higher bikes, and I fear not to feel too comfortable driving it for the first time on a mountain trip with a passenger

Something like a BMW F650GS/F800GS, V-Strom, or any decent naked not too uncomfortable for the passenger would fit the bill. I know the F650GS is comfortable and low enough, but I fear a bit on the power side, a bit weak, coming from my SV1000S. Maybe the F800GS? I wonder if it's too high the seat for me with a passenger onboard to manage in terms of weight and all.

Do you know anyone I can call or ask to have a quote?

I didn't find ANY place to rent a bike in Iasi...

I'm even available to rent it from another rider, leaving 1000€ or whatever needed as insurance.

I only need a bike for a short 3 days trip with a friend.

Anyone can help?

Editat de luigi.lauro
Link spre comentariu
Distribuie pe alte site-uri

/index.php?/topic/724246-motocicleta-de-inchiriere/

Cititi inainte sa inchiriati motocicleta. Nu zic sa nu discutati cu omul ci doar sa faceti treaba cu banii in mana, verificati in prealabil. Aviz amatorilor!

Editat de Calin26
Link spre comentariu

By the way, as a disclosure.

I'm real, I work as a manager for UniCredit in Iasi.

You can read all about me here: http://linkedin.com/in/luigilauro

And you can reach me any time at 0733 509980, or come meet me at Nicolina UBIS office.

I'm really an italian guy, a SV1000S rider, looking for someone to rent me a bike for a short trip in transilvania with a friend as passenger.

Money is not a problem, I can pay whatever needed for the bike, and leave cash for deposit as insurance (500/1000 EUR, whatever appropriate)

I just need to find the bike to rent, which seems impossible to do in this part of Romania unluckily :(((

Anyone can help?

Editat de luigi.lauro
Link spre comentariu

Thank you for the suggestion, but honestly speaking, I would prefer not to go through the hassle of buying and then selling a bike, just for a 3 days trip.

Also, I would prefer to have a more recent bike, and more reliable, than an old bike with many many kms under.

Link spre comentariu

Ok , let's suppose that I rent you my 6000 euro bike . You give me 1000 euro like a deposit . You will be involved in an accident , the motorcycle will be waisted and even worst you will be injured or even dead. I wonder , how do you think I will recover my money?. No one which is not up the pole, will borrow his own bike . You have to find a company which can do this for you , with all the costs involved . Good luck!

I could leave you 6000 EUR cash deposit, would not be a problem honestly.

But yes, you are indeed right, but there is also one thing called 'insurance', you know :-)

With 50-100 EUR you can easily insure even a 15.000 EUR worth bike for 3 days.

That's what the renting company do usually :-)

But yes, of course, as a private is a hassle to go through if you are not accustomed into it.

That's why I would prefer to find a company that provides renting services in iasi, rather than a private. But since so far I couldn't finding a company that rents bike in Iasi (all wants to make me pay a 300 euro transfer from/to bucharest...), I'm looking at all the options.

Thank you anyways.

LL

Editat de luigi.lauro
Link spre comentariu

So, leaving aside all the ... "bad sides" let's say ... accidents, etc.

I have a friend with a 94 Kawasaki ZZR 600, normaly it's for sale but since the market is dead he is willing to rent it allso, if it fits your requirement as bike I think you can come to an agreement with him.

For furder details or questions you can use the private message sistem(PM)

Editat de ThunderByte
Link spre comentariu

Here's another idea:

1: Travel to Bucharest with the wife. Visit the city, eat in the Old Town (try Curtea Berarilor, they make mean pork ribs). Leave the car in a payed parking. No one will steal it or damage it there.

2: Visit a motorcycle rental company here.

http://www.rideinromania.com/contact.html

http://www.rentalmotorbike.com/motorbike-rental-muntenia

http://bike2rent.ro/motociclete-de-inchiriat-bikes-to-rent.html?gclid=CjwKEAjwxYGuBRCtoqjkrIPDqDwSJAAnd-rCMLhXfOwiaO9-57iNQ1Q7JLa7UGJLQcWdzBQtqjpwAhoCr6Hw_wcB

Google for more.

Talk to the people there. Go on a tour by yourself, a couple of hundred kilometers through the mountains will be great. Maybe join a group of local riders for a ride.

3: Take the bike back, no hassles, no worries. Go back to Iasi at your own leisure.

Everything can be done in about 3 days. The round trip Iasi-Bucharest-Iasi should take about 11 hours.

The up side of this is you get to see two portions of Romania, you get a lot more bikes to choose from and you will get insurance and shit.

Editat de bigFatAss
Link spre comentariu

I have to agree with bigFaAss. I have rented once a bike for an expat friend of mine and we did Transfagarsan and Transalpina in 2 days. He got a R1200 GS from 2009; the bike was running great, very well maintained and fully insured.

If you say money is not a big problem, you can even try flying from Iasi to Bucharest, which should be quicker.

Link spre comentariu

How much ar you willing to pay for that 3 day trip ? Just out of curiosity.

I`ve got a 2004 V-Strom 650, and I might be willing to part from it for 3-4 days, but only under my own circumstances.

Link spre comentariu

How much ar you willing to pay for that 3 day trip ? Just out of curiosity.

I`ve got a 2004 V-Strom 650, and I might be willing to part from it for 3-4 days, but only under my own circumstances.

I have now a quote for 480 EUR for a nice, 2012 BMW F800GS, including insurance and everything, with side bags, top bags and gps navigator.

So, lower than that range I would say.

:-)

LL

Link spre comentariu

The F800GS is a really nice bike, and I wouldn't share mine for less then that either, so all I can say is have fun and tell us all about it when you come back ;).

Link spre comentariu

• 2 weeks later...