Sari la conținut

Motorcycle Club & Riding Club Education

night81angel

Postări Recomandate

e pacat ca acest topic sa stea la coada.. roby nu vrei sa'l faci sticky?  :banana:

stii ce este pacat....??????caci lumea ce intra,citeste doar topicurile recente.....este foarte mult material la noi pe forum si rare ori vezi ,sau auzi pe cineva ca lea citit asta este pacat ca noi veniti nu studiaza topicurile mai vechi,ar avea foarte multe de invatat.........stii bine ca am pus o gramada de chestii interesante......

salutare

ceau :what:

Link spre comentariu
Distribuie pe alte site-uri

• 1 year later...
  • Răspunsuri 882
  • Created
  • Ultimul Răspuns

Top Posters In This Topic

Cititi cu atentie, multi dintre voi se vor lamuri.

In romania pana vom avea cultura MC si M/C va mai dura, prin asta nu trebuie sa va simtiti jigniti, dar numai asa vom avea si noi daca invatam si citim.

ceva pe romaneste ai?E mult de citit :( .In romana n-are nik,pot citi mult mai mult,dar in engleza.....parca imi folosesc prea mult neuronii si rabdarea :hug: Ti-as fi recunoscatoare dak ai gasi ceva in romana

Link spre comentariu

ceva pe romaneste ai?E mult de citit :( .In romana n-are nik,pot citi mult mai mult,dar in engleza.....parca imi folosesc prea mult neuronii si rabdarea :hug: Ti-as fi recunoscatoare dak ai gasi ceva in romana

daca te uitai peste toate paginile,ai fi descoperit si varianta in romana.

completeaza-ti orasul la profil.

B.

Link spre comentariu

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sonny Barger, founder and President of the Hells Angels Motorcycle club, visited England recently to promote his new autobiography. Dr.Rod caught up to Sonny at the Bulldog Bash and asked him some questions...

Dr.Rod: I've heard of Cave Creek, Arizona, once before, I used to get a beer made there which had a chilli in the bottle. There's obviously more there than just the beer.

Sonny Barger: Well actually there's not much there, it's a very small town. A tourist trap, that's all it is. Cave Creek and Carefree across the street, all they're there for is the tourists.

I also have to thank you for bringing this wonderful weather with you. We don't get weather like this very often.

Yeah, everyone's blaming us for it. This is sort of cold where we live, this is winter weather.

How are you liking England?

I'm very impressed with the club over here.

How about the way you've been received over here?

You mean by the Press people? Good.

I guess you had the TV people down here too.

(Rolls eyes heavenwards). I don't know what to say about the Press. I mean I have never done so many interviews in my life.

Are you finding it hard work?

It's quite hard work.

Where do you go after England. Are you visiting other parts of Europe?

I left Sturgis to come here, I have to go back and get my bike. Then I'll go to Minneappolis, Minnesota for my birthday, then I'll go to Seattle, Washington for a couple of days for my birthday, then Portland, Oregon for two days, and then over to Englewood, Colorado to Rocky Mountain Harley Davidson for a book signing and then down to Durango, Colorado for Senator Campbells four-corners run.

And then I get to go home again!

That's a real busy schedule, I can see why you need a business manager. Do you still run your own bike shop too?

Well, I still have a bike shop but I certainly haven't been around it too much. I have somebody else run it.

On the subject of bikes, in your book you have a lot of very good things to say about Hondas and some not so good things to say about Harleys.

"Harleys are junk, technology wise. If I was not a Hells Angel I would probably be riding an ST1100, a BMW or a Triumph."

Well I don't think I've ever said anything good about Honda; what I said is Harleys are junk, technology wise. If I was not a Hells Angel I would probably be riding an ST1100, a BMW or a Triumph. But I am a Hells Angel so I ride a Harley, and the one good thing I can say about Harleys is they made me a good living; by being junk they need to be fixed all the time.

Of the new bikes, I just got a new 2000 model in March. I've got 22000 miles on it. It runs well, its been opened up, the brakes work. It's probably the best motor, transmission and brakes that Harley ever put out. But in reality, technology wise, it's still a million years behind everything else. Harleys new balancing system on their 88V motors is the kind of thing a Caterpillar tractor had a hundred years ago.

So you can see where I'm coming from.

Do you have any kind of relationship with Harley-Davidson Motor Company?

Absolutely none. They refuse to admit we exist. And I ride their bike because I'm forced to by being in the club.

Is that a club rule?

It's not a club rule but I'm not gonna take the razzing thousands of people are gonna give me for not doing.

I think after all these years Harley-Davidson Motor Company must owe you something for what you've done for their brand.

Well they don't want to admit that we've ever done anything. And I don't want to admit I ride one !

When you first started the club did you ever expect it to develop into what it is today? In the book your descriptions of club runs in the early sixties seemed pretty wild and here we are today with families and kids eating ice-cream and flying balloons. It seems a lot has changed. How do you feel about that?

When you look out there and see kids eating ice-cream you'll see one old man eating one too. If you don't change with the times you become a dinosaur and you die. "

I mean we're talking about 45 years later, sure things change. When you look out there and see kids eating ice-cream you'll see one old man eating one too. If you don't change with the times you become a dinosaur and you die.

Everybody says what is the changes from the fifties and sixties to now. They are so numerous, but so subtle, I couldn't tell you. All I can tell you is, it was different then to what it is now. And of course, what was happening in the fifties, I was 18, 19, 20, and what's happening in 2000 I'm 60 so, I don't know, maybe some of the kids in our club are doing what I did in the fifties and sixties. But I'm certainly not doing it any more.

Did you ever foresee being at a Hells Angels event like this where there would be funfairs....

No. It's completely beyond my belief. I thought at one time if we could have, you know, enough clubs where we could travel across the United States and have clubhouses to stay at every night and everything, I would be more than happy. I had no idea I could fly into London and be put up like this.

You didn't expect it to turn into this. Are you happy with it?

Very.

How about the overall biker culture? How have you seen that change over the years?

Well, what's here? There must be ten, fifteen thousand people who are not Hells Angels that probably in the fifties and sixties wouldn't even have come near us.

And maybe in the seventies and eighties too !

Yeah.

Just going back to some of the more historical things in the book, you said when you met the Rolling Stones you were very unimpressed with them. That's the impression I got, I wonder if that's the case? Or was it just a bad day?

"We didn't kill anybody there. The guy killed himself. The minute he pulled a gun and fired it into the crowd he killed himself."

I didn't like their arrogant attitude when we was introduced to 'em. And I left the room. And I never spoke to 'em again until we were on the stage and it was necessary to keep the riot down.

I don't want to get too involved in what happened at Altamont cos I think you've said quite a lot about it and it's all a long time ago.

Yeah, well I mean that's the favourite question almost of everybody especially the English because they're tied to it with the Stones. But the only thing I would really like to say is we didn't kill anybody there. The guy killed himself. The minute he pulled a gun and fired it into the crowd he killed himself.

Yeah, we've seen footage that confirms that. Have you had any contact with the Stones since then?

No. I have no need to talk to them and they probably have no need to talk to me.

Have they ever been in touch with your club? I get the impression that maybe they ran scared.

They don't want to get involved with us again. They probably have enough problems of their own too.

You also have some pretty unkind things to say about Hunter Thompson in the book. I hope you don't mind me raising his name.

No. Hunter, again like I gotta say, is probably one of the best writers that'll ever come out of the world. But he had the same problem I guess I did in the sixties and early seventies when he was writing his book, he took a little too much drugs and a little too much whiskey. He himself said that when they gave him the deadline on the book he bought a bottle of whiskey and an ounce of coke and finished the book; so you know that all of the truth ain't gonna come out.

And then he finished the book and he says in interviews that he got beat up over an argument as to whether his Triumph was faster than somebodys Harley which is absolute baloney. He got beat up because he came there to get beat up. He had ran around with us for a year writing his book, he'd finished getting all of his information, we hadn't seen him for months.

After he got his deadline and finished the book he called us up and asked if he could attend the run with us. We said sure. He didn't even attend it on his bike, he attended it in a car. Junkie George, which is in the book, had an argument with his wife (George's wife not Hunters), and he slapped her. When he slapped her his dog bit him. So he kicked his dog. And Hunter jumped up, I guess that was the right opportunity, and said only punks slap their wives and kick their dogs. And George said "I guess you want a little bit too" and proceeded to beat him up. After he'd beat him a little bit we stopped it. Hunter left.

The cover of the book read "I've met, I've lived with, and I was almost killed by the Hells Angels". What a guy ! You know, we're gonna get in a fight with the cops and he jumps in the trunk of the car, but he'll get his butt beat to sell a book.

He actually got in the boot of the car and hid? I read his book a long time ago.

"What a guy ! You know, we're gonna get in a fight with the cops and he jumps in the trunk of the car, but he'll get his butt beat to sell a book. "

It's very good reading you have to understand. In California it was required reading in English 101 in college. Not for the content of the book, for the way it was written.

That must have done an awful lot to raise awareness of the Hells Angels among students.

It did and you know, that book helped put us on the map. We were already on the way to it which is why we wanted to do the book. It was the mid sixties and we had already been into the war demonstrators, we'd have been into a few other things. We were, well I don't know if this is a good way to put it or not, but at that time we took over the black people. It was real popular to say "I have a friend who's a Hells Angel" rather than "I have a friend who's black".

So it was like a political thing?

Yeah.

Re-reading Hunter Thompson's book I thought his biggest mistake was not riding a Harley.

Well, the worst mistake he made was not to give us our two kegs of beer when he'd finished the book.

Does he still owe you that?

No. Somehow or other when E.G. Carrol wrote a book about him a few years ago in the late eighties, early nineties, he got in contact with my then wife and said "If that's all the problem is I'll buy him two kegs of beer". I was still in jail at the time and I told her, tell him he had his chances, it's too late. And I ain't have him come to me thirty years later and say "I'll do what I didn't do". I'm sorta the kind of guy that burns my bridges, once they're burned we're not gonna build another one.

He couldn't even tempt you with Crazy Ed's Cave Creek Chilli Beer?

Nope.

Reading your book I get a strong impression of a really fearless kind of guy. You seem to have a real lust for life.

I live it as it comes. I've been asked that, amazingly, so many times since the book came out, what am I afraid of? And you know, when really stopping to think about it, I don't really think I'm too afraid of anything.

I've a lot of respect and a lot of sense about what I do but it's like when you take a brand new born baby, that baby is not scared of anything. People have to teach it fear. You don't have to teach it fear, you have to teach it respect for things. You teach a baby not to stick a hand into the fire, but you don't teach him to be afraid of the fire. You teach him how to use it. And if you do that, or if subconsciously I am not afraid of something I know that I'd somehow or other figured out how not to be.

I mean I know a truck coming down the road at sixty miles an hour will kill me if it hit me. So I'm not afraid of that truck, I'd still go on the road, but I know if it hits me I'm gonna be the one that hurts so I try to avoid it. That don't make me scared of it. Makes me smart enough to keep from getting run over.

What was the scariest thing you've had to deal with? Maybe your illness?

"I'm not afraid to die. I mean I don't wanna die and I'm not gonna go out and kill myself but if I die so what, look at the life I've lived. "

No, when that happened I just thought I was gonna die. I'm not afraid to die. I mean I don't wanna die and I'm not gonna go out and kill myself but if I die so what, look at the life I've lived.

Maybe you might say I was scared when I got run over. Because I'd seen the truck coming and I was trying to avoid it. When we hit I fortunately had saddlebags on my bike and they were so packed they exploded and it was like a cannon going off in my ear But they were so packed they kept the truck off of my leg and when it hit me in the saddlebag it spun me around instead of knocking me down the road cos it hit me in the back.

When it spun me around my front wheel ended up somehow hitting the rear wheel of the truck that had a four wheel drive hub on it. And again, when it hit instead of knocking me down the road it hit me so low it flipped the bike straight up in the air. So I got hit, my ass end went out, my front end come and hit the bike and then I went straight up in the air instead of down the road and come down. And when I come down I was out from under the bike before it hit the ground.

That's what I did I had a seventy mile an hour collision.

That's that mark on your elbow? I don't know how you remember all that when it must have happened so fast.

It was like slow motion. I was probably thinking "Aw fuck, I'm gonna die here." And when I was up telling people I lifted up my bike and the truck went across the road, hit a fence, hit a telephone pole and totalled out. The lady came running back and, I just met her the other day at Sturgis again cos it happened in South Dakota, and she came into the book signing . She was the cutest little girl you ever saw and she said "Man I'm gonna be in trouble this is the third state truck I've hit".

Is it true that you gave her a sweatshirt?

Yes.

She wrote to you and asked you for a sweatshirt?

For her brother. She had no idea who she ran over.

If someone was to make a film of your life, who would you cast to play you?

I don't have anybody that I would like to play because I'm the kind of guy that only goes to see comedies. And in reality, you know, the only actors name that I know is Jim Carrey. Cos I go and see all of his movies.

Somehow I don't see Jim Carrey playing you.

"When I go to the movies I take my kid and we go to laugh. "

Well, I don't either, though I imagine he's probably a good enough actor to do it. But ah, I'm not a big movie fan. I see enough of everything that they do; all that violence and blowing up people and killing people, it's all out there. When I go to the movies I take my kid and we go to laugh.

How would you feel about someone like Jack Nicholson playing you?

Well I think Jack Nicholson now is too old. What they've told me is that the actor, if he's gonna play me from beginning to end, they can make a young actor look old but they can't make an old actor look young. So it would have to be one of the people that are around but at what age I don't know.

It sounds like some has already suggested a film?

Well, there's negotiations going on between Tony Scott, a movie director in California and my attorney to make a movie I think. Right now they've got a writer and they're trying to put a script together to present to whoever gives 'em the money. I'm really not too hot on what's happening at all.

Is that because you'd rather a film wasn't made?

Well, I tell ya, I wouldn't mind if they made a film, that's how this whole project started out.

The project? You mean the book?

Yes. Some people in the club said that they would like me to make a movie about my life in the club, not about the club but about my life in the club. Same as the book is. And I was in prison in New River, Arizona, about five miles from where I live now. So I said OK, they talked me into it, and we worked for a couple of years.

I was out of prison and we still didn't have a script. We went through a couple of writers and when I'd tell 'em what happened they'd say, "OK the way I see it is..." and they would write something else. And finally I said I'm not gonna do it. I'd seen a movie made about an ex-friend of mine, and when I saw the movie I didn't even know it was him that the movie was about. So they thought about it a little bit and they said "Hey, Sonny if you want a write a book about your life, if it's a good book we'll make a movie out of it. It'll be the way you said it." So I said I would try it.

I had a friend that I'd been in prison with a couple of times in the seventies, in Folsom prison, and I ran into him again in prison in New River. He was out, I approached him about it and he said he would like to do it. He got a co-writer friend of his to help him and an agent. I never liked the agent, I didn't like the co-writer and then my friend went back to prison. So we'd actually not got any further than me writing my life history myself.

So then I met a lady agent, and another writer and we started on the project. We got one chapter done and we had a disagreement. I'd offered the club a certain amount of money for using the name and the emblem and they kept insisting that they got paid a commission when I got paid that money. I was trying to explain to them, if we sold the book for 100,000 dollars down, I would owe 45,000 dollars after I'd paid the club and them their commissions and I didn't think it was right. I thought we should pay the club and they don't get a commission. They don't want to do that so, I fired 'em. The lady didn't want to be fired. She kept writing all the publishing companies saying "If you pay Sonny for this you have to send it to me, because I'm his agent". I took her to court. I won.

Then I hired Jim Fitzgerald as my agent. He introduced me to Keith and Kent Zimmerman. We all signed agreements saying there was no conflict of interest with the corporation lawyer for the Hells Angels, that he represented me personally and he became my attorney on it and two years later we had the book.

Now you didn't know it was gonna be that long did ya?

"They don't want to do that so, I fired 'em. The lady didn't want to be fired. She kept writing all the publishing companies saying "If you pay Sonny for this you have to send it to me, because I'm his agent". I took her to court. I won. "

Do you think we're going to see a movie then?

I would say there's a real good possibility.

Would you like to say when?

I have no idea because I don't know how any of this works. Well with a guy like Tony Scott, if he's got a good writer which I'm sure he has, they'll do it. But when they do it I have no idea. And then they could buy it and sit on it for two years.

Josh, my 13 year old neighbour, wanted to know how many bikes you've owned?

In my life?

Yeah.

Maybe ten or twelve.

Really? I told him to expect maybe a hundred.

No way. I have one bike at a time. My last bike lasted me eight years.

That was an FXRT?

That's right. I've had three FXRTs. I bought one in '84. I kept it till '87; I bought an '87 when I went to jail. Then I sold it and got a '92 when I got out. It had 140,000 miles on it, it was time to go out and buy a new one. That's got 22,000 on it now.

And your favourite bike?

Probably my newest one.

"I don't wanna be out in the middle of the desert in Arizona at three o'clock in the morning trying to find a telephone to call somebody to come and get me."

You're not nostalgic for the old knuckles and pans?

No. I like nice machinery. I wanna be going. I don't wanna be out in the middle of the desert in Arizona at three o'clock in the morning trying to find a telephone to call somebody to come and get me.

Sonny, it's been an honour and a privilege to talk with you.

You're welcome.

Link spre comentariu

Sonny Barger, founder and President of the Hells Angels Motorcycle club, visited England recently to promote his new autobiography. Dr.Rod caught up to Sonny at the Bulldog Bash and asked him some questions...

Sonny Barger nu este fondatorul H.A.

Link spre comentariu

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

acest post s-a facut in ideea ca,cine vrea informatii despre cum trebuie sa fie un MC ,sa le gaseasca mai usor.

respectarea regulilor ce apar scrise aici,tine de fiecare dintre noi in parte si de politica clubului.

orice comentarii rautacioase ref la acest topic,va rog sa le tineti pt voi.

cititi si judecati.

B.

Link spre comentariu

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...